Like you, we’re monitoring the latest news about the coronavirus. That’s why we’re doing all we can to make sure our branches are open, and staff is available. You can count on us at times like this, especially if you need our help. Our staff is available and ready to help you.
We’ve ensured that our branches, including ATM screens and keypads, are cleaned daily with EPA-approved disinfectants and we have hand sanitizer available in our branches.
Unfortunately, the management of the building where the Prince Hall Branch and PH ATM is located has decided to close the entire building until March 31, 2020.
If you’ve been affected by COVID-19 and need help with your account, please contact us at (202) 547-4800; the number is also located on the back of your credit card, debit card, and on your statement.
Steps You Can Take
We want you to have confidence that you can bank virtually anywhere, anytime through our Online Banking service at dctfcu.org and with your Visa Debit or ATM card. Make sure you have done or are doing the following:
- Enroll in D.C. Teachers’ Federal Credit Union Online Banking at www.dctfcu.org if you’re not already registered
- View transactions, balances and important details on your account daily
- Make payments – Pay your bills though our Bill Payer Service
- Send and receive money from virtually anyone you know and trust with DPX Pay
- Transfer funds
- Make sure you have a DCTFCU Visa Debit or ATM Cards for 24/7 access to your funds
- Download the CardNav application for added safety and security when using your Visa Debit Card. This application allows you to set up notifications when your Visa Debit card has been used and to turn your card on and off from your telephone.
- Remember, that if we reach out to you, we won’t ask for confidential information such as, password or personal identification numbers (PIN). Guard your information during this time of crisis.
For the latest information about coronavirus, visit the CDC's resource center.
Jerome Shelton, Chairman
Marvel S. White, CEO