Visa Credit Card
Personal Loans & Credit Lines
Benefits of Borrowing from Your Credit Union
- Rates are always stated in annual terms as annual percentage rates.
- Interest is charged only on the declining balance.
- There's no prepayment penalty.
- You can make automatic repayments through direct deposit or payroll deduction.
- Loan protection, extended warranties and disability insurance are available.
To qualify for a loan, you must:
- be a member in good standing
- maintain a share balance of at least $100
- have no delinquency on any other DCTFCU loans
- be legally qualified to enter into a binding agreement
- demonstrate an ability to save
- have a favorable employment and credit history
In some cases, there may be additional requirements depending upon the type and amount of loan requested. Membership alone is a not sufficient basis for granting a loan; there is no unqualified right to a DCTFCU loan.
If you've filed for bankruptcy in the past, we cannot grant you a loan unless you've had a good credit rating for the past two years. If our credit union suffered a loss as a result of your bankruptcy, you're no longer eligible for credit and no longer eligible to be a co-maker for other members' loans.
To apply for a loan or line of credit, complete and return your application to the credit union in person, by fax or by mail with your two most recent pay stubs and a copy of a government issued identification i.e. driver’s license.
Our Skip-A-Payment program lets members choose one month to skip their monthly loan payment. Keep the cash for some other purpose!