Who Can Join
You can join D.C. Teachers' Federal Credit Union if you belong to any of the following groups:
Employees, pensioners and annuitants of:
- American Federation of School Administrators
- The American Federation of Teachers
- The District Board of Higher Education
- The District Board of Vocational Education
- AFL-CIO (Washington, DC)
- The Council of School Officers, Local 4, AFL-CIO
- D.C. Public Schools Students/Employees
- D.C. Public Charter Schools
- D.C.P.S. Board of Education
- The University of the District of Columbia
(Students, Faculty and Alumni)
- Washington Teachers’ Union (Local 6)
- Prince Hall Masons and Eastern Stars, District of Columbia Jurisdiction
- Wireless Communications, Inc.
- BR Movers
- Techna-Graphics Inc.
- Urban Family Institute, Washington, DC
- The Way of the Cross Church Daycare
Immediate family members (spouses, parents, children, siblings, grandchildren, stepparents, stepchildren, step siblings, adoptive parents or children and legal guardians and their wards) of DCTFCU members are also eligible to join the credit union.
Joining is easy! Just follow these 3 steps:
1) Read and Agree to Terms
2) Complete a Membership Application
Your membership is established by opening a "Regular Share Account." Select this option on your application, along with any additional accounts or services you wish to establish at this time. Complete a Membership Application Opens a New Window. — then print and sign it. (If in doubt, find out who can join to confirm your eligibility.)
3) Submit in Person
Include the following required items with your application:
- Government issued identification (for example, a valid drivers license)
- Proof of eligibility for membership
- A deposit of at least $55, which includes a $5 membership fee
Employees of DCPS and UDC may submit a copy of their school ID as proof of eligibility; students may submit a copy of their current validated school ID or registration form. Persons eligible through family membership should submit name and telephone number of sponsoring member.
Visit any branch location Opens a New Window. to submit your application.
Have Questions? Just Ask Us! Opens a New Window.