Who Can Join
You can join D.C. Teachers' Federal Credit Union if you belong to any of the following groups:
Employees, pensioners, and annuitants of:
- American Federation of School Administrators
- The American Federation of Teachers
- The District Board of Higher Education
- The District Board of Vocational Education
- AFL-CIO (Washington, DC)
- The Council of School Officers, Local 4, AFL-CIO
- D.C. Public Schools Students/Employees
- D.C. Public Charter Schools
- D.C.P.S. Board of Education
- The University of the District of Columbia
(Students, Faculty and Alumni)
- Washington Teachers’ Union (Local 6)
- Prince Hall Masons and Eastern Stars, District of Columbia Jurisdiction
- Wireless Communications, Inc.
- BR Movers
- Techna-Graphics Inc.
- Urban Family Institute, Washington, DC
- The Way of the Cross Church Daycare
Immediate family members (spouses, parents, children, siblings, grandchildren, stepparents, stepchildren, step-siblings, adoptive parents or children, and legal guardians and their wards) of DCTFCU members are also eligible to join the credit union.
Joining is easy! Just follow these 3 steps:
1) Read and Agree to Terms
Download Account Terms, Disclosures, and Agreements Opens a New Window.
2) Complete a Membership Application
Your membership is established by opening a "Regular Share Account." Select this option on your application, along with any additional accounts or services you wish to establish at this time. Complete a Membership Application Opens a New Window. — then print and sign it. (If in doubt, find out who can join to confirm your eligibility.)
3) Submit in Person
Include the following required items with your application:
- Government-issued identification (for example, a valid drivers license)
- Proof of eligibility for membership
- A deposit of at least $55, which includes a $5 membership fee
Employees of DCPS and UDC may submit a copy of their school ID as proof of eligibility; students may submit a copy of their current validated school ID or registration form. Persons eligible through family membership should submit the name and telephone number of sponsoring member.
Visit our main location Opens a New Window. to submit your application.
Have Questions? Just Ask Us! Opens a New Window.